Business Development Venture Capital
RemoteNetherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamSales
Dealroom provides predictive intelligence for startup ecosystems. Our customers include world leading venture capital firms, big tech companies and governments who want to grow their tech hub.
Do you want to boost our commercial success as our new Business Development Venture Capital?
Tech startups can sprout anywhere, but their growth potential is tied to the richness of their home turf. Without access to the right knowledge, talent, and funding, even promising startups run out of steam. Thriving tech ecosystems are a cornerstone for job creation and economic growth. A given fact for entrepreneurs, corporates, venture capital firms and governments. Data transparency has the power to accelerate the global spread of entrepreneurship and innovation by inspiring people and enabling better focus and decision-making.
Dealroom is best known for sharing startup data – e.g., to help venture capital firms spot the next Spotify tree in the startup forest – helping foster tech ecosystems is also part of our mission. While we don’t call the investment shots, our database provides predictive power and discovery insights for our clients through data and AI. And we can proudly say that our content is regularly picked up by leading publications like The Economist, the Financial times and The New York Times.
As Business Development Venture Capital
- Initiate and nurture partnerships across thematic verticals, corporate and VC sectors
- Identify and understand audience needs and present the added value of our data-driven propositions strategically
- Mentor and coach less experienced colleagues on the ins and outs of Venture Capital Firms, consultative selling and strategic sales cycles
- Snuggle up to our marketing team, the Intelligence Unit, and Sales colleagues to execute account/segment/vertical-specific sales strategies
- Ensure we remain connected and highly visible within our clients (land & expand strategy)
- Operate HubSpot workflows and leverage insights to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Keep close tabs on industry trends, events, and the competitive landscape (e.g., through personal research) to identify sales prospects and market opportunities
In this role, you’ll join the Dealroom crew. An international team that enables Corporates and VCs to identify the best & brightest startups, unlock market insights to define go-to-market strategies and underpin investment decisions. You will identify, engage and commit those organizations in a fast-paced setting – a Business Development Venture Capital averagely closes 5 to 10 new or up sell deals per month. But don't obsess on these numbers, we focus on new MRR instead of the amount of deals. By negotiating with senior stakeholders and often at high-profile entities, like, PwC, Amazon and Microsoft. You will market our application that grants premium access to the Dealroom global startup database and our API, which enables clients to integrate our data into their daily workflows. Given our explosive growth, high ambitions, and the breakneck speed at which the tech sector evolves, success calls for a thoroughbred go-getter: we will provide warm leads, but it’s up to you to take counterparts to the boiling point. Expect little hand-holding, but if you’re the kind of person who always reaches the light at the end of the funnel, this can be the opportunity of a lifetime: high-impact and with extensive growth opportunities in a vibrant and dynamic sector.
Open the negotiations if
- You bring 4+ years of full-funnel B2B SaaS sales experience to the table, preferably in a marketing, analytics or financial setting
- You have have experience working with customers from venture capital and private equity firms
- You have experience creating pricing proposals, negotiating terms, and managing contract processes. Prior experience in the Startup & Technology ecosystem would be a significant asset
- You're professional, patient and boast an on-point, no BS communication style
- You have CRM (HubSpot is our favorite) knowledge and a passion for tech
- You love multicultural, remote, and fast-paced startup environments
- You can work in Europe and are fluent in English. Additional language skills are welkom/wilkommen/bienvenidos/kyaosopartaal
What we bring to the Dealroom
- A suitable base salary plus uncapped bonuses, shares, and vesting opportunities
- A job you own. Show us what you’ve got and complete us!
- An Apple or Windows laptop of choice, a home office setup, travel expenses by public transportation, a generous development budget, weekly workout sessions (HIT, bouldering and padel!), et cetera
- The opportunity to fly like an eagle in a soaring ecosystem
- A truly inclusive setting: whatever your favorite cuisine is, you can exchange recipes with people from over 30 countries
- A global lab for your ideas: we love to hear them and won’t hesitate to turn the best ones into impactful realities!
- Our assurance that we will continue to deliver on all of the above (and more): we just landed our series A funding
Dealroom is a leading global provider of data and intelligence on startups and ecosystems.
Dealroom’s mission is to accelerate entrepreneurship & innovation through data transparency.
With our headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and an international team of 70 employees, we are ready for the next phase.
Today, Dealroom already has a well-recognized brand in the startup ecosystem, and clients located across four continents.
In the next phase, we want to become a globally leading data provider for our three core segments: VC, enterprise, and government.
Our passion for startups, scale-ups, and innovation lives in our work.
The team is ambitious, diligent, and proactive, but with a strong sense of fun, as seen at weekly team drinks! We continuously strive to live our values.
While we do have a spacious office in Amsterdam, we also support the possibility of working remotely and provide the necessary equipment and resources to set you up for success in a hybrid work environment.
What we work with.