Dealroom is Europe’s leading information database & research firm for startups, technology, and venture capital. We provide actionable insights and decision-support tools to venture capital & private equity funds, investment banks, consultants and corporate executives.
We track over 800,000 technology companies worldwide, using a combination of user-generated data, machine learning, and manual curation. Our mission is to enable better and faster investment decisions in the venture capital market.
Throughout the year, Dealroom offers internship positions for students from all educational backgrounds, to join our team as a Business Development Intern in our office in the heart of Amsterdam working directly with Dealroom's CEO and the rest of the team. An internship in our office is a learning experience which will provide you with a 360-degree view on how technology is shaping our future.
· Contribute to the development of the sales process, including CRM management, lead generation and supporting the sales executives.
· Support the account manager with client retention and developing a follow up plan of action
· Work directly with the sales and account management team to develop lead generation lists and industry specific collateral
· Assist with digital marketing, email campaigns, CRM maintenance and the overall sales process
What a day in the office might look like
You might start the day by checking up on the last round of investment of leading tech companies and identifying new promising startups around the world. By researching into emerging spaces across geographies, you'll stay updated on the latest trends in technology, and be immersed in the entrepreneurial ecosystem. During the day, customers will request specific data and you will contribute closely with the Sales team in order to satisfy our current customers. Also, you will be responsible in finding new leads and potential clients.
Benefits of working at Dealroom
· Startup atmosphere and environment
· Freedom to employ your own ideas
· Paid internship and travel reimbursement
· Amsterdam HQ
· August / September 2019
· Interest in technology sales
· Passion for technology, startups and venture capital markets
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Outgoing and loves to talk to people.
· Proactive and you show initiative
· Fluent in English
· Currently enrolled in last year of undergraduate or graduate level studies with a declared major in Business, Economics, Marketing, or similar field of study.
· Minimum length for the internship of 4 months and a maximum length of 6 months
· Need to be EU citizen or already in possess of a Dutch working permit
· Sales-, Marketing- or Business Development experience is a big plus