Account Executive - US (Startup Ecosystem)
RemoteUnited States, New York, New YorkSales - Government
The rapid expansion of Dealroom.co requires an ambitious, curious, and startup-oriented mindset to support the Ecosystem team, acting as the first point of contact for sales and new growth potential in the US market.
The Ecosystems team’s mission is to map startup ecosystems for governments, and public-private agencies committed to accelerating and fostering the growth of their local ecosystems, providing them with data, insights, and visibility for their own ecosystems. Some of the current groups we support include Start Alberta, Innovate Pittsburgh, Las Vegas Economic Development, and many leading European hubs including France and the UK.
There are plenty of opportunities in the US for us to grow the government business; by researching, reviewing, and qualifying new business prospects, you will help the team grow the sales funnel and generate more proactive leads in order to expand the overall Dealroom presence, and achieve our targets. You will be in close contact with the team in Europe, who will coach and guide you to become an integral part of our growth into North America. To set you up for success, you’ll spend the first weeks of onboarding in Amsterdam.
This role is highly visible, acting as a launchpad for further career development, a position allowing you to evolve alongside the company as we scale. As part of the Ecosystem team, your main objective is to assist the team in developing and expanding one of Dealroom’s core products, the Ecosystem Solution, by identifying and nurturing worthy sales leads across different channels. You should be genuinely interested in working for a growing SaaS company operating in the startup & scaleup environment and should be ready to work closely with colleagues in Sales & Marketing.
If you are focused, hungry, proactive, with a good understanding of technology, and want to embed yourself in the global startup ecosystem, read further!
As an Ecosystems Account Executive, you will:
- Research and prospect into targeted accounts, markets, and segments searching for and identifying key organizations and people
- Proactively outbound potential customers with thoughtful, researched content and messaging - including email, phone, and LinkedIn
- Cultivate and leverage leads from marketing campaigns into qualified sales meetings
- Drive top of the funnel sales and leads while hitting your quarterly sales quota
- Manage your sales pipeline in Hubspot with thorough communication and accuracy
- Work closely with marketing, content, and sales colleagues to maximize the effectiveness of content and sales-collateral
- Identify events and speaking opportunities that can help generate visibility and leads within the US/Canada market for the Dealroom Ecosystem Platform.
What we can offer you
- Competitive base + commission
- Freedom and responsibility to execute on your own ideas
- Positive, empathic, and outward-focused colleagues, and customers working at the forefront of innovation and technology
- Healthcare & Pension
- Perks designed to set you up for success in a work from anywhere environment
- Flexible working hours
- Home-office setup (laptop of your choice, screen, desk, etc.)
- Travel reimbursement
- Eligible for stock plan
- Take your birthday off
- Learning & development budget
- Opportunities to come to Amsterdam for team events!
- More to come!
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant full-time work experience in a previous startup, economic development organization, Software as a Service company, or related sales role
- Previous business development representative (BDR) experience is preferred
- Experience selling B2B and/or B2G is preferred
- Familiarity with SaaS-based technologies is advantageous
- Have a passion for technology, startups, venture capital, startup ecosystems
- Master negotiation and communication skills as well as social selling/networking skills
- Self-motivated, detailed, able to prioritize, proactive, and ambitious
- Have a strong sense of urgency, which translates into a high-volume result-driven output
- Comfortable with working in a multicultural, remote, and fast-growing startup work environment
- US-based, east coast is preferred
Dealroom is a leading global provider of data and intelligence on startups and ecosystems.
Dealroom’s mission is to accelerate entrepreneurship & innovation through data transparency.
With our headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and an international team of 70 employees, we are ready for the next phase.
Today, Dealroom already has a well-recognized brand in the startup ecosystem, and clients located across four continents.
In the next phase, we want to become a globally leading data provider for our three core segments: VC, enterprise, and government.
Our passion for startups, scale-ups, and innovation lives in our work.
The team is ambitious, diligent, and proactive, but with a strong sense of fun, as seen at weekly team drinks! We continuously strive to live our values.
While we do have a spacious office in Amsterdam, we also support the possibility of working remotely and provide the necessary equipment and resources to set you up for success in a hybrid work environment.
What we work with.